Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Doodling the Nonsense: Part 1

(Adapting Ha-ja-ba-ra-la)

It's a very, very, very hot afternoon! One of those humid summer days when sweats determine to flood the world. Resting under the shade does not seem to rescue either.

Where's my handkerchief? I stretch my hand to take it.... holy shit!!! My heart almost skipped a bit!

Mew!

I can't get the sight of my kerchief. Am I dreaming or is it true? My hanky has become nothing but a big, fat cat!

Me: What's wrong! How can my hanky just become a cat!

Cat: (Shouting) What's wrong in it? It always happens this way. An egg becomes a hen, don't you know that?

Me: Hmm... (thoughtfully) that's true. So, what should I call you? You are not a cat but my kerchief but you look like a cat...

Cat: Call me cat or call me hanky or call me Moon.

Me: Why Moon?

Cat: Ha ha ha (sarcastically) don't you even know that?

This is embarrassing. I must have understood that.
Me: Of course, I know.

Cat: Yes. It's damn easy. Everyone knows it. Moon's 'M', Cat's 'I' and Hanky's 'ND' makes MIND. Isn't it?

I cannot understand a bit of it. But he will laugh at me if I ask. It's better to pretend.
Me: Yeah, it's easy.

Cat: If you feel so hot, why don't you go to Tibbet?

Me: As if it's that easy.

Cat: Why not easy?

Me: Do you have any idea how to reach there?

Cat: Why wouldn't I? Go straight, turn right and then a few hours journey.

Me: Is it? Then give me the map.

Cat: (Sternly) Nope. It's not my job. Nature-man might tell you.

Me: Then tell me where I can find him.

Cat: That's very difficult. He is too busy. For example, if you have come to Hyderabad to meet him, he would be in London. When you reach London he would have been to Qatar. You can hardly meet him.

Me: Then, how do you meet him?

Cat: That's a tough job. There are a lot of calculations. First, I need to calculate where he is not present. Then I calculate where he might be present; after that I calculate where he is present. Then I calculate when I reach where he is present where would he be actually present. then I have to calculate...

Me: What kind of calculations are these?

Cat: It's very tough. Close your eyes and listen to me carefully, you will understand.

It's been a while since I closed my eyes but I can't hear anything. No sound of the cat! It seems little fishy. I should open my eyes now.
Huh! What's this? Moon is running away and why is he laughing at me?

No comments: