Friday, June 20, 2014

Growing Up


Tick-tock tick-tock
        Plays the music in the clock.
Time passes on -
        And I need a bigger sock.
Taller legs, curvy body...
        Oh, I've grown up!
No school, no home-works,
        I know how to make-up.
                                       
                                                     Lub-dub, lub-dub
                                                                  What did I hear?
                                                     Is it the same heart beat
                                                                  That I used to bear?
                                                     Erotic thoughts, stressed head.
                                                                   It's a race, I guess.
                                                     Losing pace, falling down...
                                                                   It seems the same mess.

Growing up is game then,
              We made it serious.
'Aging', 'maturity', 'experience'
              Being termed to be synonymous.
Neither drugs nor alcohol...
              Growing up is the addiction.
No vaccine, no cure
              It's resistant to every action.
               
                                                      It's the game of mind.
                                                                 I always thought so.
                                                      Did I really grow up?
                                                                 Oh yes! Oh no!!!


No comments: