Saturday, June 7, 2014

Black-Hole




Have you seen a black-hole?
                I did.
                Actually, I do.
It's not that I am an astronaut.
Neither did gravity ever forget to exert its effect on me.

I see it -
When I enter a shopping mall,
And gaze at the glittering display of consumerism.
When I fill my basket with things I don't need,
I see myself being sucked into it!

I see it -
When I dream of wearing a royal blue, Gucci dress,
And driving a black Mercedes Benz.
When everything I have comes with a brand name,
I see myself succumbing to it!

I see it -
When I open my over-stuffed closet,
And things scatter out of it.
When I still find nothing to wear,
I see the black-hole taking over me!

A ray of light appears,
When I realize my entrapment.
But,
I slowly accept my survival within it;
Because it's a black-hole
And it has absorbed me.

No comments: