Friday, March 2, 2012

An Afternoon


It was a dry afternoon...there was no electricity. I was lying down on the bed with an intention to read the book I was holding, but my eyes resisted and I looked towards the window. The spotless, blue sky returned my gaze by its peeps through the canopies of branches that the trees have formed in front of the window. I could not ignore the intense gaze of the blue and got lost into it. I went on a voyage in the ether, not through the clouds as the sky was clear, but in the direction of the wind; sometimes anchoring onto the tamarind branches whose dry seeds have turned red now.
I know I am dreamy; but doesn’t the sky carry seeds of dreams that are borne by the air to be sown in the eyes of every being? My dreams lead to an escape to a place where every problem seems trivial.
My float was unending, as it only intended to stop if the earth agreed to stop rotating. But I had to halt in between, because electricity had made its appearance, and anchored on a branch of tree. I jumped through my window pane and entered my room. I looked back...the moving wind said good bye with the trees nodding to acknowledge my escape

1 comment:

Kishore Kumar said...

You have don a good job Soumta, keep it up