Monday, July 25, 2011

Beyond Reality



Oh it’s a line…no, no…it’s jumbled…there’s a hand popping out of it. Than, than. Dhishum, dhishum…the scrambled, twisted line is fighting with the air…
Sigh! My eyes are wide open now, but where’s the fighter, where’s the jungle? I can only see a ray of light from the night lamp. Hmm, it was my dream. Let me sleep again…it’s just 10 past 2 in the night.
Wow! What’s that? Perfume?? No, some fragrance from flowers…but I never smelled such a scent before. It is casting a spell on me. This land is so beautiful! Trees with orange and purple leaves, the foot tapping music, and the rainbow fountain; am I dreaming again? “No”, a faint voice whispered. “It’s real. The world beyond the world you see. It’s your vision. What you experience in your rat-race like life is not the only reality. There is much more to life.” I got up from my bed. Started walking through a road surrounded by orange and red Maple trees. In between, there was peeping out some purple Jacaranda trees. A perfect autumn landscape, just I have always imagined. But the road ends near water fountain. The music is coming out of it. “A musical fountain” I uttered, what else can be in store!” “Walk through”, a whisper again. Walk through the fountain! How am I going to do that? A deep breath, I entered inside the fountain. A cave appeared. Okay, I have to walk inside. I can see the light on the other side of the cave. A green meadow, encircled by flowers and tall trees. I can see blue mountains a little farther. Something is happening to me…I’m suddenly feeling so happy. Everything is seeming like magic. Two white unicorns playing in the forest behind, fairies dancing around me. Angels playing harps. It seems like I am living in a fairytale. I have never been so happy. The landscape is changing it colour, as if it is reaching twilight. Yes, it is. The semi circular Sun is peeping through the blue mountains which appear violet now. I remember this place. I have been here before. This is the place I have created. It’s mine. The painting I used to draw in my school. But, I lost it long time ago. I searched, but failed to trace it. It got lost somewhere in the pile of things. Wait, wait! Everything is disappearing. “No, please. I want to stay here. This gave me the mirth I have ever experienced”.
Sound of horns, uff! The walls of the same old room appeared in front of me. What a night! I smiled. Was it a dream? Or something beyond reality? It was just like a fairytale. “Life is a fairytale. It depends on how you perceive it”. It’s the same whisper. Who? Who’s that? “Just believe. Life is all about how you create it and how you believe in your own creation to make it real. It is magic, you just have to spell it properly”.

2 comments:

prasenjitdb2 said...

I can totally imagine you saying this in Bangla... with some robindro shongeet playing at the background

Soumya Mukherjee said...

Ha ha